Be On Pointe Dance School take seriously their responsibility to ensure the safety of their pupils. All pupils must complete a Registration Form when joining the school with clear information regarding emergency contacts and any relevant medical information.
1. It is the parent’s responsibility to notify Be On Pointe of any changes to their emergency contact details.
2. In case of a Fire emergency all teachers have a clear understanding of responsibilities. They must be understood by all following the procedures of the relevant centre.
3. Be On Pointe will undertake regular assessment of risks regarding premises hired and any concerns will be raised with the providers.
4. Be On Pointe are committed to ensuring all employees are competent to do their tasks and to give them adequate training.
5. It is Be On Pointe’s responsibility to keep a fully equipped First Aid Box (including ice packs) at all hired premises. In the unlikely event of an incident – an Accident / Incident report must be made.
6. In the event of a medical emergency, and where a parent/guardian cannot be contacted, the parent/guardian authorises Be On Pointe to seek medical advice for the child.
7. If required Be On Pointe will contact the emergency services first, then the parent / guardian of the student(s) involved using the telephone number on the registration form.
8. Parents understand that dance/cheerleading is as active as any sport, and whilst every effort is made to avoid them, injuries can happen. Be on Pointe accepts no responsibility for injuries sustained via any means other than a teacher’s negligence.
9. Pupils will be supervised during class time only and parents/guardians must ensure the safety of their children in the waiting, changing and toilet areas.
10. Students/parents or guardians should inform the teacher of any special health considerations or existing injuries before participating in class.
11. Parents/guardians must be responsible for ensuring your child’s punctuality. Teachers are not available to supervise late pickups. Students may be refused entry if they are continuously late for class as they are missing out on warming up safely for class.
12. Dress code must be observed at all times, especially footwear for safe dance practice. Only indoor dance shoes/trainers to be worn in the studio to protect the floor and for health and safety.
13. Pupils should not wear any jewellery that may pose a risk to themselves or others (stud earrings, and jewellery worn for religious or cultural reasons are acceptable).
14. No food (or chewing gum) is allowed in class unless stated otherwise. Water is permitted.
15. Where applicable please ensure that the elastics on your child’s ballet shoes are securely sewn and neither too loose nor too tight.
Rules and Regulations
1. Missed lessons must be paid for as class overheads are the same whether a student attends or not.
2. No pupil will be allowed to dance unless all fees have been paid by fee deadline. All fees are due by the first week of term.
3. Parents/guardians are responsible for purchasing the correct footwear, dancewear and necessary equipment for safety and success in class.
4. Students are to be neatly groomed with hair suitably off the face.
5. Students and their parents/guardians are liable for any damages caused to studio property.
6. All shoes & personal belongings should be labelled with the student’s name. We take no responsibility for personal items left at any venues.
7. It is understood and agreed that no liability under any circumstances shall be undertaken by the proprietors for loss of personal belongings. Please leave all valuables at home.
8. Regular attendance is important to the progress of all classes. We appreciate parental support of this.
9. Discussions with teachers before or after classes should be avoided. If you have any queries or concerns, please contact the office by e-mail or phone.
10. Should your child no longer wish to attend classes please notify us in writing prior to the start of term to avoid being billed for classes.
Public Insurance Liability
Be On Pointe Dance School has full public liability insurance and the certificate can be sent via email upon request.
Be On Pointe Dance School has a non-smoking policy, and smoking is not permitted anywhere within the dance studios. This is due to the health hazards of smoking and passive smoking.
Drugs & Alcohol Policy
Be On Pointe Dance School has a strict no drugs & alcohol policy. Any pupil or teacher found using drugs or alcohol whilst attending classes or working at the school, will be presented with a verbal warning. Parents will be advised if the pupil is under the age of 18 years.
Be On Pointe Dance School is committed to creating an environment that enables children and young people to learn and develop in a safe, understanding and encouraging environment. Be On Pointe Dance School follow the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing’s child protection policy.
Be On Pointe Dance School follow the Imperial Society of Teachers of Dancing’s equal opportunities policy.
Bullying will not be accepted or condoned. All forms of bullying will be addressed. Be On Pointe Dance School will not tolerate bullying of any kind. Any parent who feels their child may be being bullied is encouraged to please notify the Principal Teacher. Upon being made aware of a bullying incidence, the Principal will liaise with the parent of the affected child and the parent of the child who is bullying. The Principal will consider removal of any child seen to be bullying another from the classes as an option.
Be On Pointe Dance School strives for consistently good behaviour from all of it’s pupils, both for the safety of students and to ensure all students achieve their full potential. We use positive reinforcement (rewarding of good behaviour) to maintain class discipline. We believe in providing a friendly and happy environment but to do so requires a certain amount of discipline both in and out of our lessons. All pupils are expected to be polite and respectful to those around them.
Photograph and DVD Release
By signing a registration form at Be On Pointe Dance School you accept that any photographs or video recordings taken during the classes or performances may be used for publicity purposes including website or social media.
1. No cameras or videos are allowed unless consent from the teacher is given.
2. Any photos or DVD’s the studio has arranged to be taken of your child may be used for studio publicity.
3. Should you not consent to photographs or video recordings being used for publicity purposes you must inform the School in writing.